Re: Key label Mute

Rebecca Lineberger

Instead of using the search box, you can tab to the tree view and press k for keyboard and go from there. It sounds like a lot of keystrokes, but when you're actually doing it, it's quite logical and quick.

-----Original Message-----
From: jaws-users-list@groups.io [mailto:jaws-users-list@groups.io] On Behalf Of Matthew Chao
Sent: Monday, September 17, 2018 4:35 PM
To: jaws-users-list@groups.io
Subject: Re: [jaws-users] Key label Mute

Hi, Again, Rebecca. See what I mean about too many keystrokes? Could be a lot more efficient. Thanks for the info, though. Too much noise with all those keys spoken.--Matt.

On 9/17/2018 4:06 PM, Rebecca Lineberger wrote:
Matthew,
Press JAWS-f2.
For Run JAWS Manager.
Press s (as in Sam) twice for
Settings Center.
Press enter.
Shift tab back once and press home for default all applications, or
press control-shift-d.
In the search edit box, type
K e y b (no spaces when you type)
That should be enough of the word keyboard to display the results.
There should be five results.
Arrow down to keyboard
And press enter.
JAWS says, Keyboard, closed
Press right arrow to open it.
Arrow down to
General. Closed,
And press right arrow to open it.
Arrow down to
Manage key labels.
Press the space bar. If you press enter, it will throw you out!
Press t for tab. JAWS should tell you that the tab speaks. Tab once
and press the space bar to mute the tab key.
Press r for return and tab once and press the space bar to mute the
enter key.
I did not mute the function keys but you can arrow through the 84
items and mute what you choose.
It will say that the shift key speaks, but mine does not When you’re
done, tab to ok and press enter. Tab to ok again and press enter.
I hope I’ve got all this straight! LOL.
HTH.
Rebecca