Re: Key label Mute

Rebecca Lineberger

Matthew,
Press JAWS-f2.
For Run JAWS Manager.
Press s (as in Sam) twice for
Settings Center.
Press enter.
Shift tab back once and press home for default all applications, or press
control-shift-d.
In the search edit box, type
K e y b (no spaces when you type)
That should be enough of the word keyboard to display the results.
There should be five results.
Arrow down to keyboard
And press enter.
JAWS says, Keyboard, closed
Press right arrow to open it.
Arrow down to
General. Closed,
And press right arrow to open it.
Arrow down to
Manage key labels.
Press the space bar. If you press enter, it will throw you out!
Press t for tab. JAWS should tell you that the tab speaks. Tab once and
press the space bar to mute the tab key.
Press r for return and tab once and press the space bar to mute the enter
key.
I did not mute the function keys but you can arrow through the 84 items and
mute what you choose.
It will say that the shift key speaks, but mine does not
When you’re done, tab to ok and press enter. Tab to ok again and press
enter.
I hope I’ve got all this straight! LOL.
HTH.
Rebecca