From: jaws-users-list@groups.io <jaws-users-list@groups.io> On Behalf Of Rebecca Lineberger
Sent: Monday, September 17, 2018 2:11 AM
To: jaws-users-list@groups.io
Subject: Re: [jaws-users] Saving Email Messages in Outlook 2016

Adrian,

Thank you for teaching me something new.  Smile.  I save my messages right away—pressing f12 from either within or outside the message will bring up the save as dialogue.  I never knew that you could save multiple messages at once.  I don’t know that I would ever do this, since I don’t let mail accumulate, but I wish I’d known of this last summer when a friend was confronted by hundreds of messages in her Outlook in-box which she needed to deal with before closing her Outlook account. She finally had to read her accumulated mail, LOL, arrowing through the messages, reading and saving as needed.  Being able to save everything all at once would have left her with a very long file to slog through, but at least she would have had all the material.

The only comment I would make to your suggestions is that you don’t have to type the file path.  I just named the file, then shift-tabbed back to the list of folders in Documents, pressed enter on the one I wanted, then tabbed forward to choose the format I wanted and then to save.

This is the way it works in my Outlook 2010, and I assume it would apply to later versions of Outlook as well.

Being able to save selected messages by moving them into another folder might also be helpful in saving all comments in a particular thread.  There is also the old-fashioned way of just copying and pasting text from a message as you read it, and then adding to the material in Word or WordPad, say and saving the material that way. Windows has given us many ways of doing something—which is a good thing.  Smile.

Rebecca