Update on Chrome

Rebecca Lineberger

My Chrome disappeared again, after I’d maxed the screen.  I checked and the screen was still maxed.  I alt-f4-ed  out and came back in to Chrome.  Still gone.  I reloaded JAWS, without closing Chrome, and Chrome magically reappeared. This first started happening after Edge became accessible with JAWS, and in fact, this morning, I was reading an epub book in Edge.  Then I went to Chrome, and it was not there.

When this first happened, months ago, I reported the issue to JAWS.  I did a JAWS repair, on the tech’s suggestion, but the problem still occurs.  Since then, on the suggestion of the tech, I’ve always brought in the updates from the website, so the program is starting from scratch, so to speak, not just being patched with the updates, if I am remembering correctly what the tech said.

MY disappearing Chrome is not consistent in when it disappears, though for me, I think, using Edge seems to cause it most often.

But I just opened and closed Edge, and then opened Chrome, and Chrome was quite happy. The fix for me, as I said, is just to reload JAWS.

Rebecca

A mind is like a parachute.  It doesn't work if it isn't open.