From: jaws-users-list@groups.io [mailto:jaws-users-list@groups.io] On Behalf Of Adrian Spratt
Sent: Sunday, September 16, 2018 10:44 PM
To: jaws-users-list@groups.io
Subject: Re: [jaws-users] Saving Email Messages in Outlook 2016

Hi, Tom.

I have an alternative method that uses most of your steps but that has a big advantage.

First, instead of keeping the message open, close it with escape and place focus against it in the message list.

Press alt-f for file, then a for “save as.”

In the initial field, type not only the name you want for the document, but also the path beginning with c:\ (assuming you’re saving it to the hard drive).

Now, as in your instructions, tab once to the file format list and arrow up or down to the format you want. I typically select .TXT.

Tab to save and press spacebar.

What is the advantage of this procedure? If you want to create a single text file for all the messages, say, in a folder, you can do so by first pressing control-a for “all.” Then the “alt-f, a” (for “save as”) will include all the messages you want saved into that single file.

To elaborate a little, suppose you don’t want to include all the messages in a file folder in that single text file, but only some. I create a new Outlook folder, then move the messages I want into that folder. Now I move focus to the new folder, press control-a, and continue from there.

Copying a series of messages into a single text file can be very useful. True, you’re stuck with all the headers, which is when your MS Word editing skills come into play.