Re: JAWS and Chrome stop working together after a while

Rebecca Lineberger

Mine was not maximized, sigh, so I went to the Chrome icon on the desktop, to properties, then set the beastie to maximized. It's no trouble in Windows 10 to Maximize the screen with Windows key-up arrow, but it seems not to hold and this will save me the trouble of checking with JAWS-f10. I wonder if JAWS could expand the information we get with JAWS-t to read the title bar. Window-Eyes always told us the state of the screen with the title information, so that we always had confirmation that the screen was maxed--or not! LOL.
Thanks for the suggestion about the screen. I guess I'd just assumed it was. Smile. Now we'll see if JAWS can see better! The issue is not at all consistent though, but this would be a great simple solution.
Rebecca

-----Original Message-----
From: jaws-users-list@groups.io [mailto:jaws-users-list@groups.io] On Behalf Of Adrian Spratt
Sent: Saturday, July 21, 2018 10:05 PM
To: jaws-users-list@groups.io
Subject: Re: [jaws-users] JAWS and Chrome stop working together after a while

Not useless at all. I'll double-check the next time it happens.

From: jaws-users-list@groups.io <jaws-users-list@groups.io> On Behalf Of Marie
Sent: Saturday, July 21, 2018 7:05 PM
Subject: Re: [jaws-users] JAWS and Chrome stop working together after a while

This is probably a useless suggestion, but are you making sure that the Chrome window is maximized. I have a hot key set to run it maximized and sometimes a Windows update will change the properties and remove the hot key.
Marie

Sent: Saturday, July 21, 2018 1:15 PM
Subject: [jaws-users] JAWS and Chrome stop working together after a while

On my new Windows 10 machine, JAWS completely stops reading anything in Chrome. Each time I reboot, they work fine together, but not for more than, say, an hour. Not only won't JAWS read content, but it also can't read menus, etc. When this happens, I select the webpage's address, and even though JAWS can't read it, I can paste the copy into IE and open the page there. Since Chrome is now my default, this is a serious limitation.

This machine is solid state. I'm confident I have enough RAM, but I haven't yet figured out where I can get system information and so can't report the exact number. Windows key+pause no longer does the trick, nor does opening properties on the C drive.

Any ideas?

Join jaws-users-list@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.