Re: please help/Norton accessibility with jaws 2018?

Victor Gouveia

Hi Adrian,

While I am not belying any anti-virus and it’s pros and cons, I have, and continue to use Windows Essentials, now Defender on Windows 10, and I have never gotten a virus of any kind.  As long as you take standard care, don’t open attachments from people you don’t know or are not expecting, don’t download any dangerous files or anything like that, essentials should do you well.

In any case, whether you use essentials or Norton, do you still find it inaccessible given Jaws now has the OCR feature you can rely on for all those areas Jaws can’t read?

Victor

Sent: Wednesday, September 12, 2018 1:14 PM
To: jaws-users-list@groups.io
Subject: Re: [jaws-users] please help/Norton accessibility with jaws 2018?

You’re right about Norton. I’ll never go near it again, and I know of no JAWS user who relies on it.

When you say “Internet Essentials,” what’s the actual name? If it’s a Microsoft product, I’m guessing your friend is one of those anti-MS people who distrust anything the company does. There are lots of such people  who don’t realize MS has changed dramatically over the years.

From: jaws-users-list@groups.io <jaws-users-list@groups.io> On Behalf Of joanne
Sent: Wednesday, September 12, 2018 9:44 AM
To: jaws-users-list@groups.io
Subject: [jaws-users] please help/norton accessibility with jaws 2018?

A friend is just about demanding I use Norton as it is free with my internet service. I have used it before and found it not only inaccessible as far as not being able to read their constant pop-ups, but it keeps popping up on the Web and, again, I can't read the reason why. Please someone, anyone who's used this program recently, set one of us straight regarding this. He wants to put it on my computers and thinks Internet Essentials is dangerous. Okay so if it's so dangerous is there another accessible program you use? And if I'm wrong about Norton, can someone tell me how to set it up so it just runs in the background and stops popping up and not allowing me to read what's on the screen? Using Windows 7 and Jaws 2018.

I appreciate your help.

Joanne

Join jaws-users-list@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.