Re: Reading and editing comments in Excel

Justin Williams

Alt r c will get you into the comment field, then you type your comments, and hit escape. 

You can tab to the post button and hit enter, but jaws wouldn't tell me where the post button is, so pressing escape worked.

If you want to edit a comment, write your edit in notepad, or word, copy it, then delete the comment in excel and add your edit.

I can't think of another way to do it because JAWS won't read the comment in excel.

Shift alt apostrophe will read the comment with the associated cell.

Shift control apostrophe will list comments on the sheet.

Thanks,

Justin

From: jaws-users-list@groups.io [mailto:jaws-users-list@groups.io] On Behalf Of Van Lant, Robin via Groups.Io
Sent: Tuesday, August 20, 2019 11:30 AM
To: jaws-users-list@groups.io
Subject: [jaws-users] Reading and editing comments in Excel

I’m doing a project for my manager where I need to add and edit comments to cells in Excel. I can open the comments, but JAWS isn’t reading the text in the comment box.  I tried using some of the keystrokes for comments I had written down for Word, but that doesn’t’ seem to work.  Any success out there from others?  I’m in Excel 2016 with the April release of JAWS 2019.

Robin Van Lant, Sr. Program Manager, Strategy & Performance Management

Key Equipment Finance | 720-304-1060 |  www.keyequipmentfinance.com 

This communication may contain privileged and/or confidential information. It is intended solely for the use of the addressee. If you are not the intended recipient, you are strictly prohibited from disclosing, copying, distributing or using any of this information. If you received this communication in error, please contact the sender immediately and destroy the material in its entirety, whether electronic or hard copy. This communication may contain nonpublic personal information about consumers subject to the restrictions of the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act. You may not directly or indirectly reuse or redisclose such information for any purpose other than to provide the services for which you are receiving the information.

127 Public Square, Cleveland, OH 44114

If you prefer not to receive future e-mail offers for products or services from Key
send an e-mail to mailto:DNERequests@... with 'No Promotional E-mails' in the SUBJECT line.

Join jaws-users-list@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.