From: Judy Jones
Sent: Sunday, August 18, 2019 10:22 PM
To: jaws-users-list@groups.io
Subject: [jaws-users] Emojis

Hello, Rebecca and All,

You are correct, and very happy to tell you that windowskey semi-colon indeed brings up Emojis you can choose from, but Jaws does not speak anything, unless you input a character first, then you can use Jawskey and arrow to hear the choices.  Simply arrowing through what you have inserted will not read anything.

Again, I am using Outlook 10 with Windows 10.

Thank you all for leading me to try other things.  Right off the bat, when Jaws was silent, I was assuming I had no Emojis available, but when I had some time, started experimenting a little.

Again Jaws will read nothing unless you insert something, then you can use the jaws plus arrow keys to hear your selections you made.

Judy