Re: Web site shortcuts on desktop.

Judy Jones <sonshines59@...>

Hi, Glenn,

You’re right, I am in Windows 10.  What you are describing is the way Internet Explorer has tocreate a shortcut.

What I finally have done is change my default browser back to Internet Explorer and redone the affected shortcuts.

What I believe happened is that, when I reset my Chrome browser settings, it defaulted my previously-created shortcuts to the Google Chrome main page.  This should not have happened, as far as I am concerned.

Once I recreated them all in Internet Explorer, and switched back to Chrome, all my shortcuts are back intact.

I just now tried and succeeded in creating another desktop shortcut in Chrome.

In retrospect, once resetting Chrome settings, if I had switched my default browser to something else, then switched back to Chrome again as my default browser, that may have been what cleared up the problem.  Not sure, but that is all I can come up with.

Judy