please help/norton accessibility with jaws 2018?

joanne

A friend is just about demanding I use Norton as it is free with my internet service. I have used it before and found it not only inaccessible as far as not being able to read their constant pop-ups, but it keeps popping up on the Web and, again, I can't read the reason why. Please someone, anyone who's used this program recently, set one of us straight regarding this. He wants to put it on my computers and thinks Internet Essentials is dangerous. Okay so if it's so dangerous is there another accessible program you use? And if I'm wrong about Norton, can someone tell me how to set it up so it just runs in the background and stops popping up and not allowing me to read what's on the screen? Using Windows 7 and Jaws 2018.

I appreciate your help.

Joanne