Re: JAWS becomes irregular with pending Windows 10 update

Mike B <mb69mach1@...>

Hi george,

Try going into Windows Updates and Security and under the Updates tab go to the, Change active hours, or the, Advanced options.  Between these 2 you should be able to get the updates to come down when you're not using the computer.

Sent: Wednesday, August 14, 2019 11:39 AM
Subject: [jaws-users] JAWS becomes irregular with pending Windows 10 update

Windows 10 Creators, 1809 (OS Build 17763.615)
JAWS 2019.1907

This morning I was entering a report at a website when JAWS would not open an Edit field no matter what I did.
I minimized my work & moved back into my computer where JAWS was not announcing Icons on my Desktop and when I moved to the Task Bar & Tabbed it would not announce the icons there either.
When I finally managed to activate INS + F4 I noticed the selections were preceeded by "Update" then Shutdown or Reboot.
This has happened to me at least 2 times before when a Windows update comes in and is painful and a time waster to say the least.
Any ideas what Windows 10 is doing to me and a possible fix I can do so that a pending update does not make my JAWS go wonky>?

George