Re: Searching my computer in windows-10

Jason White

From: jaws-users-list@groups.io <jaws-users-list@groups.io> On Behalf Of Andrew
Sent: Sunday, August 11, 2019 11:53 PM
To: jaws-users-list@groups.io
Subject: Re: [jaws-users] Searching my computer in windows-10

Tell us Moore.

Andrew

From: jaws-users-list@groups.io [mailto:jaws-users-list@groups.io] On Behalf Of David Moore
Sent: Sunday, August 11, 2019 8:39 PM
To: jaws-users-list@groups.io

Hi John! there are key phrases that you can type before your file name. For example, you can type d o c and then space and then type the file name. That will bring up all documents. you can type music space and then type the file name and that will cause many more music files to come up. That is a great way to look for files on your computer and get a lot of those Bing search terms out of the way. David Moore

On Sun, Aug 11, 2019, 7:36 PM JOHN RIEHL via Groups.Io <REALMAN02=VERIZON.NET@groups.io wrote:

One of the things about windows-10 that is driving me crazy is searching my computer for a particular file or document. In windows-7, it was very simple to do this – go to the start menu and type your search term in the edit box. Windows would search your computer and show you a list of possible files or documents. Now when I do this I may see one document then a bunch of things on the Web that bing has helpfully found for me. I do not, repeat not, want to search the Web using this method and and I don’t want bing to do my searching. How do I go back to the days of yesteryear and just search my computer rather than seeing web choices?

Thanks. John