Re: Another Winamp Question

Victor Gouveia

Hi Dennis,

I am using 5.66 and I’ve not found a way to turn this feature off and I’ve been using it since forever.  Smiles.

I don’t know what the new version is like, so I can’t say if it does the same thing or not.

Victor

Sent: Friday, August 9, 2019 5:05 PM
To: jaws-users-list@groups.io
Subject: Re: [jaws-users] Another Winamp Question

As of now I am able to play music fine from my external drive.  Is this with a new version of Winamp?

From: jaws-users-list@groups.io <jaws-users-list@groups.io> On Behalf Of Victor Gouveia
Sent: Friday, August 9, 2019 4:34 PM

Hi Mike,

I’m afraid the dialog box is completely inaccessible with any screen reader.

I’ve tried Jaws, NVDA and Narrator but to no effect.

Victor

Sent: Friday, August 9, 2019 4:28 PM

Hi Tom,

First I don't use Winamp so my suggestions are only that.  Have you tried pressing, Alt + Y, for yes, or pressing, Alt + N, for no?  Also you could try tabbing to see if you can highlight the Yes and No buttons or try the Touch Cursor to see if you can sneak up on those rascals.

Take care.  Mike.  Sent from my iBarstool.  Go dodgers!
I believe that everything happens for a reason. Usually, the reason is that somebody screwed up.

----- Original Message -----

To: Jaws Users List

Sent: Friday, August 09, 2019 1:04 PM

Subject: [jaws-users] Another Winamp Question

Hello, everyone.

Within the past few wekes, whenever I try to play an audio file from my external hard drive with Winamp, I get a message that says something like:  “Winamp has detected a an external drive;  do you want Winamp to access  this drive?”.

There is a yes/no button, but I can’t get to it.

I have tried enter, and the space bar.  I also have tried rooting the Jaws cursor to the PC cursor, but have had no luck.

Occasionally, after trying, I can get the message to play, but then I get an error message about reporting the problem to Winamp.

And, once I get these messages, the only way I can get rid of them is to completely shut down and re-boot my computer.

Has anyone experienced this issue?  If so, how can I respond, or better yet, how can I turn this anoying notification off?

I’m using windows 10 version 1809 with the latest build of Jaws 2019.

Thanks!

Tom Behler

Join jaws-users-list@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.