Re: Another Winamp Question

Victor Gouveia

I have not found a way to shut off the device detection setting in Winamp, however, you do not have to turn your computer off to fix the issue.

Simply bring up your task manager with control+shift+escape and arrow down until you hear Winamp.  Pressing alt+E will end the process and you can then use Winamp as normal from then on.

You don’t have to arrow down the list though, you can just press the W key until you land on Winamp, then end the process.

I would be interested if anyone is able to turn this feature on and off with Winamp.

Victor

Sent: Friday, August 9, 2019 4:04 PM
To: Jaws Users List
Subject: [jaws-users] Another Winamp Question

Hello, everyone.

Within the past few wekes, whenever I try to play an audio file from my external hard drive with Winamp, I get a message that says something like:  “Winamp has detected a an external drive;  do you want Winamp to access  this drive?”.

There is a yes/no button, but I can’t get to it.

I have tried enter, and the space bar.  I also have tried rooting the Jaws cursor to the PC cursor, but have had no luck.

Occasionally, after trying, I can get the message to play, but then I get an error message about reporting the problem to Winamp.

And, once I get these messages, the only way I can get rid of them is to completely shut down and re-boot my computer.

Has anyone experienced this issue?  If so, how can I respond, or better yet, how can I turn this anoying notification off?

I’m using windows 10 version 1809 with the latest build of Jaws 2019.

Thanks!

Tom Behler

Join jaws-users-list@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.