Re: WLM Inquiry

Victor Gouveia

Even though it’s not supported, the bugs are very few and a restart of your system will fix most bugs.

The fact is, just because it’s not supported, doesn’t mean it doesn’t serve a purpose.

If one uses common sense when reading e-mails, reads they’re messages in plain text and only open attachments from people they trust or are confirmed to be safe, most people do and can use Outlook Express, in it’s various forms and Windows Live Mail.

For me, the fact that Outlook keeps getting newer and newer features added on to it, makes it a bulky application for it’s use.  A great application, but too many features when you just want to read mail, that’s why people want to stick with Windows Live Mail, Outlook Express or Thunderbird.  Heck, I even think Eudora is still around.  Grinns.

Victor

Sent: Thursday, August 8, 2019 5:49 PM
To: jaws-users-list@groups.io
Subject: Re: [jaws-users] WLM Inquiry

Hi Glen,

Outlook Express has not been around for many years. I know Microsoft is not supporting it and hasn’t for many many years. If I had to guess I would say OE has not been supported for over more than 10 years or longer is my guess.

You can Google it and find many sources telling you that it is not supported.

Mr. Ed

From: jaws-users-list@groups.io [mailto:jaws-users-list@groups.io] On Behalf Of Glenn / Lenny
Sent: Thursday, August 08, 2019 4:34 PM

I don't know that the particular one I know of is not secure.

And I was informed that it is a one-time purchase.

Perhaps you know of a different OE?

Glenn

Sent: Thursday, August 08, 2019 4:25 PM

Hi,

Why do you want to invest money into email programs that are outdated and no longer receiving security updates. Both WLM and Outlook Express Have not been supported for many many years now. Also they are going to have bugs every time a new Jaws or Windows has an update. I don’t know why you would want to keep struggling with these outdated email programs. We have enough glitches with just Jaws and Windows to dive us crazy. I am sure some of you are going to say I cannot afford to buy Outlook which I think is the best email program. I think you can purchase it for around $5 a month I think. Correct me if I am wrong on the exact  price. Then you can have Outlook, Word, Excel on I think five computers. They do have the windows mail program that comes with Windows 10 but I don’t use it or like it. Some use Thunderbird and other email programs. So there are numerous email programs that you could use that are updated and have security. So why not use one that is supported and secure.

Mr. Ed

From: jaws-users-list@groups.io [mailto:jaws-users-list@groups.io] On Behalf Of Glenn / Lenny
Sent: Thursday, August 08, 2019 2:51 PM

Seems like it's between 10 and 20 dollars.

Glenn

Sent: Thursday, August 08, 2019 2:47 PM

How much does it cost?

Sent: Thursday, August 8, 2019 2:21 PM

My WLM is also quite unpredictable.

I'm considering purchasing the third-party Outlook Express program.

Glenn

Sent: Thursday, August 08, 2019 2:17 PM

To: jaws-users-list

Subject: [jaws-users] WLM Inquiry

Afternoon all.

Using JAWS 2019, Windows 10 and WLMs current version, I have attempted to send a forwarded message to two different email addresses, and got a failure message. However, I have been able to send different messages to addresses such as this one without difficulty. Any ideas or suggestions on this? Thanks in advance.

Jerry

Join jaws-users-list@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.