Re: Google Chrome crashes

valiant8086

Hi.

I've had Chrome just disappear a time or two in the past few months, but nothing directly related to downloads. If this is only happening when you download something, I wonder if what ever Antimalware utility you use outside of Chrome is causing this when it scans the file as soon as Chrome unlocks it, or perhaps before Chrome unlocks it, and that's stirring up trouble somehow. I wish it wasn't that intermittent. How are you going to know if what changes you make is actually a fix? If you do figure out how to crash it every time, maybe try it once with external Antimalware disabled temporarily to see if it still happens?

I'm running normal non development Chrome and I do have Ad Block Plus installed in it. I also have Chrome Sounds and a couple of other extensions enabled. I guess it might be worth uninstalling or resetting your Chrome and, if you sync your Chrome with your google account, not syncing it again until you've tried to reproduce the problem a bit.

Cheers:
Aaron Spears, A.K.A. valiant8086. General Partner - Valiant Galaxy Associates "We make Very Good Audiogames for the blind community - http://valiantGalaxy.com"

<Sent with Thunderbird 52.1.0 portable>

On 8/4/2019 7:33 PM, John Gassman wrote:
Hi,
So far nobody has been able to duplicate this situation.  I'm posting it here to see if anybody has suggestions.
While downloading using Chrome several weeks ago, the application would finish downloading and I could do a say line to hear the current line but nothing else when I moved around.
I had to use task manager to close down Chrome.
It happened with all three screen readers on my desktop, JAWS, NVDA andn Narrator.
I wrote to Google Disability thinking it was Chrome.
then with the next JAWS Private Beta build the problem went away only to reappear about ten days ago.
I wasn't sure if it was indeed a screen reader problem or something in a recent Google update.
this last Thursday with the newest Private build of JAWS, the problem went away again.
the problem is that JAWS and Google updated about the same time so I don't know if its Google, a screen reader conflict or maybe both.
So far Google hasn't been able to come up with a solution or even duplicate it.
And if JAWS, NVDA or Narrator are involved, where would I go from here?
Would the JAWS logs show FS anything?
Has anybody else experienced this?
I especially see it with BARD and other websites from which I download.
I'm using the latest JAWS private build and Windows 10 update as well as Chrome Version 76.0.3809.87 (Official Build) (64-bit)
I just tried an experiment and went into About for Chrome and got an update this morning.
And with the latest Chrome build which just updated as I wrote this message, I have another Chrome Crash.
When I go into task manager to get rid of Chrome, I also see a message which says:
AdBlock has crashed. Click this balloon to reload the extension.
Sometimes its another app or extension that has crashed so it is not always the same one.
I can use Chrome Canary and have never seen this crash happen.
Any ideas as to what is causing this and how to solve it?

John

John

JAWS Certified, 2014.

JAWS Certified, 2014.