Re: PDF Open parent document

Victor Gouveia

You should check to make sure the combo box after add-ons is not set to add-ons currently running.  It should be set on all add-ons.

Victor

Sent: Monday, August 5, 2019 2:54 PM
To: jaws-users-list@groups.io
Subject: Re: [jaws-users] PDF Open parent document

I looked again and there are only 3 add-ons listed in my currently loaded add-ons, under the run without permissions there are 43 add-ons which are mostly Microsoft add-ons; nothing for Adobe. When I was still using windows 7 there were more add-ons in the current list than with win10.

Larry

From: jaws-users-list@groups.io [mailto:jaws-users-list@groups.io] On Behalf Of Douglas C. DeCamp
Sent: August 5, 2019 10:26 AM

Larry,

Yes, I mean add-ons.  You need to select the list all add-ons to see the Adobe add-on.  As I recall it is necessary to actually use the space bar on this selection to bring up the full list.  The list of add-ons should be around 25 or so if they are all listed.

• Hth ---

From: jaws-users-list@groups.io <jaws-users-list@groups.io> On Behalf Of Larry Volk
Sent: Monday, August 5, 2019 10:59 AM

Do you mean manage add-ons, because I can’t find add-ins. Also, under my add-ons there is no add-on for Adobe.

Larry

From: jaws-users-list@groups.io [mailto:jaws-users-list@groups.io] On Behalf Of Douglas C. DeCamp
Sent: August 5, 2019 7:22 AM

This message is caused in IE 11 by the Adobe Add-in being enabled causing IE to try to open the document in the web page.  You can stop this and get the document opened in Adobe reader by going to Internet Options, Programs Tab, and then list all add-in programs.  Disable the Adobe add-in and the document will open correctly.  This used to be taken care of by the Accessibility Wizard in Adobe reader, but for whatever reason they discontinued asking this question and you now must take care of it yourself.

• Hth ---

From: jaws-users-list@groups.io <jaws-users-list@groups.io> On Behalf Of Larry Volk
Sent: Sunday, August 4, 2019 4:44 PM

I got that same message yesterday with IE and with Chrome. But with Chrome I was able to continue to arrow down and read the PDF. It would be good to know what this message is and how to resolve it.

Larry

From: jaws-users-list@groups.io [mailto:jaws-users-list@groups.io] On Behalf Of John Skyner
Sent: August 4, 2019 3:31 PM
Subject: [jaws-users] PDF Open parent document

Hi all,

When clicking on a link within a web page to go to a pdf document I am given the option to select a button “open parent document”,  this is my only option and after selecting I still cannot read the pdf document.

Any help would be appreciated.

Running Windows 10, latest Jaws I e and chrome.

Thanks

John

Join jaws-users-list@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.