Re: Jaws friendly laptop

chris judge

Also, especially if you are considering HP, make sure you can change the behaviour of the function keys, as HP sets them to act as hardware function keys. Most of them have an option in the bios to switch this, but some do not.

From: jaws-users-list@groups.io <jaws-users-list@groups.io> On Behalf Of Glenn / Lenny
Sent: August 5, 2019 12:31 PM
To: jaws-users-list@groups.io
Subject: Re: [jaws-users] Jaws friendly laptop

John,

I really don't think any of the variables you are considering will be of concern.

Jaws will work on pretty much computer running Windows.

The thing for you to be concerned about is the form factor of the computer and if you are comfortable with it.

Glenn

Sent: Monday, August 05, 2019 10:10 AM

Subject: [jaws-users] Jaws friendly laptop

List, my Toshiba laptop is in need of replacement.

Have any of you on the list recently purchased a new 15.6 inch screen laptop computer that works well with jaws?

I would like another laptop that has a built in keypad.

Also, has jaws worked well with the new solid state drives?

Thanks for any help.

Like many of us using jaws and access technology for the last 28 years, can remember in the past being sure we got a laptop with the right kind of video card and audio card.  That said my current Toshiba was bought off Amazon with standard video and audio card.

Again, thanks for any ideas or suggestions.

John in sunny southwest Florida