Sent: Sunday, August 04, 2019 6:33 PM
Subject: [jaws-users] Google Chrome crashes

Hi,
So far nobody has been able to duplicate this situation.  I'm posting
it here to see if anybody has suggestions.
While downloading using Chrome several weeks ago, the application
would finish downloading and I could do a say line to hear the
current line but nothing else when I moved around.
I had to use task manager to close down Chrome.
It happened with all three screen readers on my desktop, JAWS, NVDA
andn Narrator.
I wrote to Google Disability thinking it was Chrome.
then with the next JAWS Private Beta build the problem went away only
to reappear about ten days ago.
I wasn't sure if it was indeed a screen reader problem or something
in a recent Google update.
this last Thursday with the newest Private build of JAWS, the problem
went away again.
the problem is that JAWS and Google updated about the same time so I
don't know if its Google, a screen reader conflict or maybe both.
So far Google hasn't been able to come up with a solution or even duplicate it.
And if JAWS, NVDA or Narrator are involved, where would I go from here?
Would the JAWS logs show FS anything?
Has anybody else experienced this?
I especially see it with BARD and other websites from which I download.
I'm using the latest JAWS private build and Windows 10 update as well
as Chrome Version 76.0.3809.87 (Official Build) (64-bit)
I just tried an experiment and went into About for Chrome and got an
update this morning.
And with the latest Chrome build which just updated as I wrote this
message, I have another Chrome Crash.
When I go into task manager to get rid of Chrome, I also see a
message which says:
AdBlock has crashed. Click this balloon to reload the extension.
Sometimes its another app or extension that has crashed so it is not
always the same one.
I can use Chrome Canary and have never seen this crash happen.
Any ideas as to what is causing this and how to solve it?

John

John

JAWS Certified, 2014.

JAWS Certified, 2014.