Re: cannot reinstall either version of jaws/says installation failed

Glenn / Lenny

It would be interesting and helpful if folks mentioned whether they updated Jaws from the update or from the stand-alone installer downloaded from FS.
Because I still wonder if updating through the update link can do strange things to Jaws.
Glenn

Sent: Sunday, August 04, 2019 1:35 PM
Subject: Re: [jaws-users] cannot reinstall either version of jaws/says installation failed

I had the same problem back in June. The Jaws tecnician ran the repair and blew my computer out of the water. I had to contact a second Jaws technician who spent 2 days to finally get Jaws to reinstall. He had to remove all Jaws links out of the registry, twice before Jaws would re-install. The problem was that when the first technician did the Jaws repair it put two copies of Jaws 2019 in the computer.

From: jaws-users-list@groups.io [mailto:jaws-users-list@groups.io] On Behalf Of joanne
Sent: August 4, 2019 10:56 AM
To: jaws-users-list@groups.io
Subject: [jaws-users] cannot reinstall either version of jaws/says installation failed

Since the repair instructions are way hard to understand, Jaws is in need of a reinstall. I have the EXE files of 18 and 19 in my folder, but attempting to reinstall either version results in an immediate "installation failed" message. I used to somehow be able to repair by opening the install and given the modify and repair choices. But I don't know if this easy repair works anymore, so I am hopeful there's a fix for this installation failed message.

Thanks.

Joanne

Join jaws-users-list@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.