Re: cannot reinstall either version of jaws/says installation failed

Mike B <mb69mach1@...>

Hi Joanne,

Pressing enter on the Jaws .EXE file should bring up the option to repair.  Make sure you press enter on the same .EXE file as the version of Jaws you're running.  I just tried this and after saying, Yes, on the, Do you want to run..., the, Repair, button was highlighted.

From: joanne
Sent: Sunday, August 04, 2019 9:56 AM
Subject: [jaws-users] cannot reinstall either version of jaws/says installation failed

Since the repair instructions are way hard to understand, Jaws is in need of a reinstall. I have the EXE files of 18 and 19 in my folder, but attempting to reinstall either version results in an immediate "installation failed" message. I used to somehow be able to repair by opening the install and given the modify and repair choices. But I don't know if this easy repair works anymore, so I am hopeful there's a fix for this installation failed message.

Thanks.

Joanne