Re: number of lines in a document

Hi Mike,

Thanks for refreshing my memory that Insert + Pagedown reads the status bar and for restating the steps in Word to pick what you want displayed in the status bar. If I keep reviewing this stuff enough, perhaps I'll be able to make it stick in this aging memory.

Alan

From: jaws-users-list@groups.io [mailto:jaws-users-list@groups.io] On Behalf Of Mike B
Sent: Friday, August 02, 2019 3:06 PM
To: jaws-users-list@groups.io
Subject: Re: [jaws-users] number of lines in a document

Hi Alan,

You can also set the status bar to announce only what you want announced when invoking the read status bar keystroke, Insert + Pagedown, using the F6 key by doing the following.

To show number of lines, line number, or many other options  in the status bar in Word try the following:
1. Press F6 until Status bar is highlighted.  Or, until you hear Jaws report, Status Toolbar.  It should be the 2nd press of the F6 key.
2. Press Shift + F10 to show options.  This keystroke must be used because a right mouse click or pressing the application key will not.
3. Down arrow through the available options, and when you have found line count or something else of interest press the spacebar to check or uncheck the item.
4. when done making modifications simply press AltF4 or the escape key.
5. Review your status line to insure the settings have been properly modified.