Re: number of lines in a document

Rebecca Lineberger

Sorry.  I just re-read the original request and you’re correct.  I have my number of lines checked because I often would like to know where I am on that particular page.  I’ve never needed to know the number of lines in a document, so I missed that distinction.

From: jaws-users-list@groups.io [mailto:jaws-users-list@groups.io] On Behalf Of Alan Lemly
Sent: Friday, August 02, 2019 2:44 PM
To: jaws-users-list@groups.io
Subject: Re: [jaws-users] number of lines in a document

Rebecca,

The status bar info is handy but it shows you the line number where the cursor is positioned on the particular page in the document, not the total number of lines in the document. The alt + r + w hotkey provided by Justin opens a word count dialog which is faster and includes a lot of helpful info including total lines in the document.

Alan Lemly

From: jaws-users-list@groups.io [mailto:jaws-users-list@groups.io] On Behalf Of Rebecca Lineberger
Sent: Friday, August 02, 2019 6:48 AM
Subject: Re: [jaws-users] number of lines in a document

This works for me.

Press f6 till you hear

Status bar tool bar

Press the context menu key or shift-f10.

You will be in a list of items.  Either arrow down or tab and check what you want.  I have page number, line number and word count checked.

Press escape as needed to get back to your document.

From: jaws-users-list@groups.io [mailto:jaws-users-list@groups.io] On Behalf Of CJ &AA MAY
Sent: Friday, August 02, 2019 4:48 AM
Subject: [jaws-users] number of lines in a document

I know how to get Jaws to tell me what page I am on and how many words in a document, but is there a way for me to find out how many lines in a document without physically having to count them?

Join jaws-users-list@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.