Re: Jaws Announcing Selected Text

Mike B <mb69mach1@...>

Hi Adrian,

When selecting all text with, Control + A, is where I used to get the total amount of characters reported, but I'm not getting the number of characters no matter which keystroke I use.  I don't know when Jaws stopped reporting character count for sure, but it most definetly happened within the last couple of months.  Thank you for your input.

Sent: Thursday, August 01, 2019 10:38 PM
Subject: Re: [jaws-users] Jaws Announcing Selected Text

Mike,

I’m guessing this isn’t the answer, but just in case. Notepad, Windows 10-1809, latest release of JAWS 19.

Whether JAWS reports the number of characters selected depends on which text selection level I choose. I will be told the number of charazcters if I select all (control-a) or from focus to end of text (shift-control-down arrow). However, if I select with just shift-down arrow, JAWS does not give me this information.