Re: Is it worth learning the adaptations for a laptop or instead buy an external keyboard with a numpad?

Judy Jones

Yep, my husband just got a Thinkpad, same thing, no num pad, no problem, Use caps-lock with numbers 7 or 8 to simulate left or right mouse buttons.  Caps-lock p for Jaws cursor, and caps-lock left bracket to root Jaws to PC.

Judy

From: jaws-users-list@groups.io [mailto:jaws-users-list@groups.io] On Behalf Of Glenn / Lenny
Sent: Thursday, August 1, 2019 11:33 AM
To: jaws-users-list@groups.io
Subject: Re: [jaws-users] Is it worth learning the adaptations for a laptop or instead buy an external keyboard with a numpad?

That is always nice, but sometimes we don't want a laptop that big.

Plus that makes for a more expensive laptop.

I've gotten to where I can use a 10 inch laptop if I have some dots on a few specific keys.

Glenn

Sent: Thursday, August 01, 2019 1:28 PM

No I think the best thing is to get a laptop with a number on it

On Aug 1, 2019, at 11:15 AM, Judy Jones <sonshines59@...> wrote:

O pooh!  Plus, you would want a key combination you could do with one hand.

Judy