Re: Is it worth learning the adaptations for a laptop or instead buy an external keyboard with a numpad?

Judy Jones

Yes, NVDA is my backup, too, but I know people who absolutely love it, so I believe it is all in what you get used to.

Judy

From: jaws-users-list@groups.io [mailto:jaws-users-list@groups.io] On Behalf Of Glenn / Lenny
Sent: Thursday, August 1, 2019 11:11 AM
To: jaws-users-list@groups.io
Subject: Re: [jaws-users] Is it worth learning the adaptations for a laptop or instead buy an external keyboard with a numpad?

I like NVDA, but it is not as intuitive as Jaws, and it will always be a backup screenreader to me.

If someone could make a Jaws layout for NVDA, I think it would be more popular, but it may not be possible.

Window Eyes did this to their credit.

And Microsoft did this long ago for Word users, giving the user the option to use WordPerfect commands.

Glenn