From: jaws-users-list@groups.io [mailto:jaws-users-list@groups.io] On Behalf Of Michelle Bernstein
Sent: Thursday, August 1, 2019 4:56 AM
To: jaws-users-list@groups.io
Subject: [jaws-users] Is it worth learning the adaptations for a laptop or instead buy an external keyboard with a numpad?

Hi everyone,

I am beginning to learn JAWS, having used Zoomtext as my reader for many years.

I use a laptop which does not have a numpad.

The JAWS support page offers an audio tutorial on how to modify my keystrokes for a laptop.

Would you recommend that I teach myself these modifications or instead purchase an external keyboard with a numpad which plugs into the laptop by a USB port?

Regards, Michelle Bernstein