Is it worth learning the adaptations for a laptop or instead buy an external keyboard with a numpad?

Michelle Bernstein <hamletsweetlady@...>

Hi everyone,

I am beginning to learn JAWS, having used Zoomtext as my reader for many years.

I use a laptop which does not have a numpad.

The JAWS support page offers an audio tutorial on how to modify my keystrokes for a laptop.

Would you recommend that I teach myself these modifications or instead purchase an external keyboard with a numpad which plugs into the laptop by a USB port?

Regards, Michelle Bernstein