Re: Notifications and Action Center

Audiobookfan

Thanks, David. I appreciate your guide. I found it helpful, although I'm not sure how to take action on a notification. This is probably because I don't have any that need action to be taken at this time. Hopefully, I'll remember what to do when I do get such a notification.

Jeff

On 7/29/2019 12:33 AM, David Bailes wrote:
Hi Jeff,
in the following guide to the Taskbar in Windows 10, there's a section on notifications:
_http://vip.chowo.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/jaws/Taskbar-10-Guide.html_
David.
On Mon, Jul 29, 2019 at 02:29 AM, Audiobookfan wrote:
Ok, I'm confused and frustrated. From time to time, I hear JAWS
announce
a notification, such as when its booting up or when a device is
inserted, etc. But I cannot ever find this text anywhere on the screen.
Where is JAWS reading this from and how can I review or act upon it?
I was thinking I heard that these notifications could be heard by
pressing windows-a, but this brings up something called the Action
Center, and I cannot figure out what I can do with this dialog. Tabbing
around seems to leave me with the option of clearing these actions, but
again, how do I actually learn what these actions want me to do and how
I can act upon them?
If there's any documentation on this, please point me in that direction.
Thanks,
Jeff