Re: Searching for a File and Idendifying Its Path

JM Casey <crystallogic@...>

Yeah, sounds about right!!

From: jaws-users-list@groups.io <jaws-users-list@groups.io> On Behalf Of Rebecca Lineberger
Sent: September 9, 2018 5:40 PM
To: JAWS Users List <jaws-users-list@groups.io>
Subject: [jaws-users] Searching for a File and Idendifying Its Path

I’m using Windows 1803 with the latest version of JAWS.

I searched first in Documents, because that’s usually where Word will put things.  But I did the same search from the C drive, under Users, my user name.  This will find anything if it’s truly lost.  Smile.

I pressed Control-f and typed the first word of the file name.  The results will be displayed as you type, though you may have to press tab several times to get to the list.

When I found what I was looking for, I pressed alt-enter to open properties.

I thturned on the JAWS cursor and pressed control-home to get to the top of the page.

This is what I got.

Introduction to Office 365 with JAWS Properties

General Security Details Previous Versions

Introduction to Office 365 with JAWS

Type of file: Microsoft Word Document (.docx)

Opens with: Microsoft Word Change...

Location: C:\Users\Rebecca\Documents\jaws

Size: 24.0 KB (24,598 bytes)

Size on disk: 28.0 KB (28,672 bytes)

Created: Sunday, August 06, 2017, 2:49:06 PM

Modified: Sunday, August 06, 2017, 3:21:01 PM

Accessed: Sunday, August 06, 2017, 3:21:01 PM

Attributes: Read-only Hidden Advanced...

OK Cancel Apply

And since this information might be something to look at more carefully, I virtualized the window with insert-alt-w.  You can then move through with arrow keys or copy and paste the information.

Of course the quick solution, assuming you can locate the file you want, would be just to copy it and paste it into the folder where you want it.  Then go back and delete the source file.

HTH.

A mind is like a parachute.  It doesn't work if it isn't open.