Re: Notifications and Action Center

David Ferrin

David, you do have some great material on your web page. I just hope you keep it coming along, thank you.

From: David Bailes
Sent: Monday, July 29, 2019 3:33 AM
To: jaws-users-list@groups.io
Subject: Re: [jaws-users] Notifications and Action Center

Hi Jeff,
in the following guide to the Taskbar in Windows 10, there's a section on notifications:
http://vip.chowo.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/jaws/Taskbar-10-Guide.html

David.

On Mon, Jul 29, 2019 at 02:29 AM, Audiobookfan wrote:
Ok, I'm confused and frustrated. From time to time, I hear JAWS announce
a notification, such as when its booting up or when a device is
inserted, etc. But I cannot ever find this text anywhere on the screen.
Where is JAWS reading this from and how can I review or act upon it?

I was thinking I heard that these notifications could be heard by
pressing windows-a, but this brings up something called the Action
Center, and I cannot figure out what I can do with this dialog. Tabbing
around seems to leave me with the option of clearing these actions, but
again, how do I actually learn what these actions want me to do and how
I can act upon them?

If there's any documentation on this, please point me in that direction.

Thanks,
Jeff

David Ferrin