Notifications and Action Center

Audiobookfan

Ok, I'm confused and frustrated. From time to time, I hear JAWS announce a notification, such as when its booting up or when a device is inserted, etc. But I cannot ever find this text anywhere on the screen. Where is JAWS reading this from and how can I review or act upon it?

I was thinking I heard that these notifications could be heard by pressing windows-a, but this brings up something called the Action Center, and I cannot figure out what I can do with this dialog. Tabbing around seems to leave me with the option of clearing these actions, but again, how do I actually learn what these actions want me to do and how I can act upon them?

If there's any documentation on this, please point me in that direction.

Thanks,
Jeff