Re: Folder view in Windows Explorer
Mike B <mb69mach1@...>
toggle quoted messageShow quoted text
No, this happened in the 1903 update. Try the following to put it back the way it used to be.
1. Open your Download folder and press, Control + Spacebar, to make sure you deselect anything in the folder.
2. Open the context menu with the Applications key or Shift + F10.
3. In the, sub-menu View, press enter on List or Details, or whichever option you prefer.
4. Again open the context menu and in the, sub-menu Sort by, press enter on , Name.
5. This is the biggie, again open the context menu and press enter on, sub-menu Group By, and press enter on, None.
You should now be back to the old way of the download folder display.
Take care. Mike. Sent from my iBarstool. Go dodgers!
I believe that everything happens for a reason. Usually, the reason is that somebody screwed up.
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Saturday, July 27, 2019 4:56 PM
Subject: [jaws-users] Folder view in Windows Explorer
I finally got Windows 10 upgraded to version 1903 and I'm running the
latest version of JAWS 2019.
Perhaps it was like this before I upgraded to 1903 and I just didn't
notice, but the folder view for my downloads folder seems messed up.
First, when I enter the folder, JAWS says something about "today
expanded" and the files are not listed in alphabetical order. How do I
change the view so that I get a detail view with the subfolders listed
first in alphabetical order then the files, also in alphabetical order?