Re: 2 Part Word Question

Adrian Spratt

Hi, Glenn. Actually, in this case I did mean what I wrote, although I’m glad you’re making sure. If you just copy text, it remains where you had it. If you cut it, you remove it from that place. Here, the idea is to return the original text with unwanted formatting removed. You don’t want to paste a second copy of the same material into the original file.

For the record, copy is control-c. cut is control-x.

From: jaws-users-list@groups.io <jaws-users-list@groups.io> On Behalf Of Glenn / Lenny
Sent: Friday, July 26, 2019 12:53 PM
To: jaws-users-list@groups.io
Subject: Re: [jaws-users] 2 Part Word Question

Adrian,

I think you mean copy and paste it.

That is an important distinction that often gets misused.

I think it's a reflection of "old school" when we actually did cut and paste.

But for those who don't know, in computer work, they are two different things.

Glenn

Sent: Friday, July 26, 2019 9:50 AM

Hi.

Regarding your first question, I’m guessing that the method Ann posted the other day will be the most convenient. Cut the entire document and paste it into Notepad, and then re-copy it back to your Word document. Note that you will lose all formatting. In my case, I have my word documents set at my chosen default for line-spacing, etc., so the most I need worry about is italicizing, bolding, etc. Still, there are times when this method is too drastic.

That “Word is not responding” message is all too familiar. I have no remedy beyond pressing alt-F4 and then waiting for a new message to appear offering to close the program. I accept and start over. All the more reason to ensure you back up your files and that you regularly save open files.