Re: 2 Part Word Question

Glenn / Lenny

Adrian,
I think you mean copy and paste it.
That is an important distinction that often gets misused.
I think it's a reflection of "old school" when we actually did cut and paste.
But for those who don't know, in computer work, they are two different things.

Glenn

Sent: Friday, July 26, 2019 9:50 AM
Subject: Re: [jaws-users] 2 Part Word Question

Hi.

Regarding your first question, I’m guessing that the method Ann posted the other day will be the most convenient. Cut the entire document and paste it into Notepad, and then re-copy it back to your Word document. Note that you will lose all formatting. In my case, I have my word documents set at my chosen default for line-spacing, etc., so the most I need worry about is italicizing, bolding, etc. Still, there are times when this method is too drastic.

That “Word is not responding” message is all too familiar. I have no remedy beyond pressing alt-F4 and then waiting for a new message to appear offering to close the program. I accept and start over. All the more reason to ensure you back up your files and that you regularly save open files.

From: jaws-users-list@groups.io <jaws-users-list@groups.io> On Behalf Of jyandt.martin@...
Sent: Friday, July 26, 2019 10:02 AM
To: jaws-users-list <jaws-users-list@groups.io>
Subject: [jaws-users] 2 Part Word Question

Morning all.

I have a 2 part question regarding Word 13, Using Jaws 2018 and Windows 10 on a Dell laptop.

First, if a word document has multiple tables, and I want to remove them all, is there a way to do this all at once, or do I have to do them one at a time systematically?

Second, what would cause a word document to stop working, and I get the message: Word is not responding, and what would be a remedy? Thanks in advance.

Jerry

Join jaws-users-list@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.