Re: usb bluetooth dongle and jaws lost speech

leonard morris

Thanks for this info I will contact them next week asap.

On 7/20/2019 7:28 PM, Mike B wrote:

Hi Leonard,

It sounds like your Jaws dongle is being seen as a soundcard by your computer.  Have you updated your dongle with the latest J2019 dongle file?  If not, you'll need to contact VFO / Fs and have it emailed to you.  I don't know if one has to do with the other, and this is the first time I've heard about this behavior by a dongle.  Hopefully someone will have an definitive answer for you.

To: Jaws
Sent: Saturday, July 20, 2019 4:05 PM
Subject: [jaws-users] usb bluetooth dongle and jaws lost speech

I have a USB Bluetooth dongle for my older Gateway laptop. I am using
Windows 7 and Jaws 2019. When I plug the Dongle in to a USB port I get
no Jaws speech unless I connect my bluetooth headphones. I also have a
focus 40 Braille display connected with USB which still works with Jaws
when the Dongle is connected. Is there something in Jaws settings I can
change so I don't have to keep unplugging the Dongle? The device is
small and I am afraid I will put it down somewhere and won't be able to
locate it.

--
"Every country has an idenity, history, customs,  and culture. It's a unique landscape in determining how its people live, work and play."