usb bluetooth dongle and jaws lost speech

leonard morris

I have a USB Bluetooth dongle for my older Gateway laptop. I am using Windows 7 and Jaws 2019. When I plug the Dongle in to a USB port I get no Jaws speech unless I connect my bluetooth headphones. I also have a focus 40 Braille display connected with USB which still works with Jaws when the Dongle is connected. Is there something in Jaws settings I can change so I don't have to keep unplugging the Dongle? The device is small and I am afraid I will put it down somewhere and won't be able to locate it.

--
"Every country has an idenity, history, customs, and culture. It's a unique landscape in determining how its people live, work and play."