Re: key stroke for chaingind volume

Robin

Mike thanks for that got it to work!
got the titvh to work as well good for hearing loss.
just when using eloquence the volume didn't work for some reason, pitch
and speed worked ok.
Many thanks for that.
Would you know how to make frames speak and spell, just like
window-eyes did.
Cheers Robin.

Email Sent using, "Becky!" Internet Mail Client version 2.74 [en].
Email: bob.wrj@ntlworld.com
Hi Robin,

See if the steps below will work for you:
Below are 2 different sets of steps for creating volume level keystrokes:

1. Open Keyboard Manager without any applications / programs open to make
sure you land on, Default, when you open Keyboard Manager. Do this by
pressing,
Jaws key + F2, press the letter, K, until you have Keyboard Manager
highlighted, & press enter. If you don't have, Default, highlighted when
opening
the keyboard manager press the letter, D, until you do.

2. Find the following to assign keystrokes to them:
DecreaseSystemVolume, None

DecreaseVoiceVolume, None
IncreaseSystemVolume, None

IncreaseVoiceVolume, None
*Note: None, means that there is not a keystroke assigned to these
functions / tasks.

3. On each of these functions / tasks press, Control + A, to open an edit
field to insert the keystroke you would like to use for this particular
function
/ task. *Note: Make sure not to press any other keys other than the
keystroke you want!
4. After entering your desired keystroke tab one time, and there's a
checkbox for assigning this keystroke to desktop keys only, usually people
will
uncheck this.

5. Tab to, Okay, Press ENTER, and choose OK in the confirmation dialog
which appears.
6. You'll be returned to the list view of scripts. Use the same steps
with the other functions / tasks listed above.
7. Close Keyboard Manager with, Alt + F4.

Take care. Mike. Go Dodgers!

Steps #2 that I haven't tried With either Windows 7 or 10, but supposedly
work:
From: Richard
I found this on the Microsoft Answer page from Googling the question. I did
it and named it, creatively enough, volume, and assigned control+alt+v,
which
gets you to the master volume control on my Windows 10 Home system.

Then, alt+x gets you to the mixer controls where you can adjust programs
separately, supposedly.

Here is what I found:

Yes,you can create a Master Volume Shortcut and also assign a Shortcut Key.

Right click on a empty area on desktop, and click on New and Shortcut.

Paste the following in to the location of the item area:-

%windir%\System32\SndVol.exe -f 49825268

Click Next button and give a name to the Shortcut and click Finish.

Now You right click on it and select Properties.

Click Shortcut tab.

Assign your desired shortcut key like F8 or F9 in the Shortcut Key area.

Click OK/Apply.

HTH,
Richard