Re: key stroke for chaingind volume

Mike B <mb69mach1@...>

Hi Robin,

See if the steps below will work for you:
Below are 2 different sets of steps for creating volume level keystrokes:

1. Open Keyboard Manager  without any applications / programs open to make sure you land on, Default, when  you open Keyboard Manager.  Do this by pressing,
Jaws key + F2, press the  letter, K, until you have Keyboard Manager highlighted, & press enter.   If you don't have, Default, highlighted when opening
the keyboard manager press  the letter, D, until you do.

2. Find the following to  assign keystrokes to them:
DecreaseSystemVolume,  None

DecreaseVoiceVolume,  None
IncreaseSystemVolume,  None

IncreaseVoiceVolume,  None
*Note:   None,  means that there is not a keystroke assigned to these functions /  tasks.

3. On each of these  functions / tasks press, Control + A, to open an edit field to insert the  keystroke you would like to use for this particular function
/ task.   *Note:  Make sure not to press any other keys other than the keystroke you  want!
4. After entering your  desired keystroke tab one time, and there's a checkbox for assigning this  keystroke to desktop keys only, usually people will
uncheck this.

5. Tab to, Okay, Press  ENTER, and choose OK in the confirmation dialog which appears.
6.  You'll be  returned to the list view of scripts.  Use the same steps with the  other functions / tasks listed above.
7. Close Keyboard  Manager with, Alt + F4.

Take care.  Mike.  Go Dodgers!

Steps #2 that I haven't tried With either Windows 7 or 10, but supposedly work:
From: Richard
I found this on the Microsoft Answer page from Googling the question.  I did it and named it, creatively enough, volume, and assigned control+alt+v, which
gets  you to the master volume control on my Windows 10 Home system.

Then, alt+x gets you to the mixer controls where you can adjust programs separately, supposedly.

Here is what I found:

Yes,you can create a Master Volume Shortcut and also assign a Shortcut Key.

Right click on a empty area on desktop, and click on New and Shortcut.

Paste the following in to the location of the item area:-

%windir%\System32\SndVol.exe -f 49825268

Click Next button and give a name to the Shortcut and click Finish.

Now You right click on it and select Properties.

Click Shortcut tab.

Assign your desired shortcut key like F8 or F9 in the Shortcut Key area.

Click OK/Apply.

HTH,
Richard

Sent: Wednesday, July 17, 2019 3:24 AM
Subject: Re: [jaws-users] key stroke for chaingind volume

I don't seem to be able  to find that option  in the
jaws keyboard manager,
Cheers Robin.
Hi Robin,
If you mean Jaws's tts voice, the answer is yes.
Its available in the jaws keyboard manager, But you need to assign
hotkeys for it.