Re: How do I check a JAWS script version?

Van Lant, Robin

P.S.  I unzipped the file I had and that executable file name has more numbers it it that I assume indicate version.  But, I still wonder if there is a way I can tell the version from within JAWS, in case I didn’t have the original file.

From: jaws-users-list@groups.io <jaws-users-list@groups.io> On Behalf Of Van Lant, Robin via Groups.Io
Sent: Monday, July 15, 2019 10:34 AM
To: jaws-users-list@groups.io
Subject: [jaws-users] How do I check a JAWS script version?

I’m doing some troubleshooting with someone on Cisco software I’m using at work. He’s asking what version of the Cisco scripts I am using.  How do I check this?  The .zip file I originally downloaded doesn’t’ have a version number in the file name.  If I launch the scripts manager from JAWS, I get the following, which I don’t know how to interpret.

use "default.jsb"

use "j4w_default.jsb"  ; 5

void function filler()

; Filler to make some JAWS versions compile this file successfully.

return

endFunction

I’m using JAWS 2019 May release with Windows 10.

Robin Van Lant, Sr. Program Manager, Strategy & Performance Management

Key Equipment Finance | 720-304-1060 |  www.keyequipmentfinance.com

127 Public Square, Cleveland, OH 44114