Re: excel row's and column reading title issue

Ann Byrne

If you use the Excel bookmark function described in the JAWS training materials, yes. I don't know whether you can have more than one region with the JAWS keys.

At 03:11 AM 7/4/2019, you wrote:
Thanks for the help. i tried the solution and its work now. a bit more help. i am actually using multiple data region in my work book and wanting to know if i can setup individual row's and column reading settings for each of them ? and how ?

On 7/4/2019 1:00 AM, Jim Pursley wrote:
Since JAWS 2018, I've found the ins/Alt/control R or c to be only temporary. It won't hold for me at least when I exit or when I save the spreadsheet. But it is handy for quick column and row title naming. More permanent is the way Microsoft set it up in Excel, using that applications key to scroll up (faster than down) to define name. Click on define name and write titleregion1..(end of the spreadsheet) then either hit enter or tab out to the end and hit OK. Using this method is permanent once you save the file. It will hold even if you need to temporarily exite the spreadsheet without closing. You can also use the ribbon menus under the formula tab to define a name, but the application key is a lot faster.

Additionally, the process works great if you want to have JAWS read columns and titles of multiple regions (titleregion2.. etc.

Alas, my simple R and C method has givenway to more typing, but at least I don't fret any longer when opening a spreadsheet.

Note: The method I mentioned above should work in Excel 2013, too, though I've not tried it.

On 7/3/2019 9:30 AM, Justin Williams wrote:
Try insert control alt r on your row title and insert control alt c for your column title.