Re: Accessibility Driver For Screen Capture, How To Create A Toggle Keystroke
Easy enough to do, just got to figure out the benefit of doing it.
From: Mike B
Sent: Wednesday, July 3, 2019 6:31 PM
Subject: [jaws-users] Accessibility Driver For Screen Capture, How To Create A Toggle Keystroke
Below are steps for creating a toggle keystroke for the, Accessibility Driver For Screen Capture, and this feature is also explained.
This can only be changed in the Settings Center Default All Applications in, the , Miscellaneous folder, #24 of 25. Not the Miscellaneous folder in, Web
/ HTML / PDFs.
The accessibility driver is a system level driver installed by our software that has been used for many years to provide screen information to JAWS. This
information is known as the Off Screen Model (OSM) and is used primarily by review cursors like the JAWS Cursor and Invisible Cursor as well as by JAWS
scripts. As Windows 10 increasingly uses different methods of displaying information, this legacy accessibility driver no longer works in many cases.
Clearing this check box configures JAWS to use new API Accessibility Monitor technology we developed in order to help overcome the missing information
previously obtained from the Accessibility Driver.
This check box is selected by default.
This feature has only been in Jaws since Jaws 2018, so if you're running a Jaws version prior to J2018 don't bother looking for this feature in the older versions.
To make a keystroke to toggle the, Use Accessibility Driver for Screen Capture, setting on and off try the following:
1. Press, Insert + F2, to open the list of Jaws managers, navigate to Keyboard Manager and press enter.
2. Press the letter, D, until Jaws reports, Default.
3. Tab 1 time into the list of default keystrokes and find the, Toggle Screen Capture Method none, entry.
4. Press, Alt + A, to open the Action menu, you are on, Add Keystroke..., so press enter. The hotkey to go directly to the, add Keystroke, option is, Control + A,.
5. You are in a edit field so enter the keystroke you would like to assign to toggle this feature on and off. Only type the keystroke, example: Alt, Control + K. Hold down the Alt & Control keys and press the letter, K, and don't type anything else but the keystroke you want to use.
6. Tab 1 time and there's a checkbox to assign this keystroke to desktop keystrokes only, that's up to you, but it's checked by default. Tab to, Okay and press the spacebar, you'll get a dialogue asking if you're sure that you want to modify the,, Default.JKM, press the spacebar on, Yes, and you're done. Now check the keystroke to make sure it works. You should hear, Using Accessibility Driver On or, Using Accessibility Driver Off, when invoking your keystroke.
Take care. Mike. Sent from my iBarstool. Go dodgers!
If at first you DO succeed, try not to look astonished!
Marriage is the process of finding out what kind of man your wife would have preferred.