Re: Accessibility Driver For Screen Capture, How To Create A Toggle Keystroke
toggle quoted messageShow quoted text
in jaws 2018, you'll find this setting,
jaws settings center,
note, when you get into the jaws settings center, you'll need to ctrl+shift+dc =default,
The impossible is the untried, Never under estimate the power of a dream.
From: firstname.lastname@example.org <email@example.com> On Behalf Of Larry Volk
Sent: Wednesday, July 3, 2019 7:22 PM
Subject: Re: [jaws-users] Accessibility Driver For Screen Capture, How To Create A Toggle Keystroke
I looked in jaws 2018 and I couldn’t find this toggle but I was able to find it in 2019.
It would be good if you can give an example of what turning this feature on/off would do.
From: firstname.lastname@example.org [mailto:email@example.com] On Behalf Of Mike B
Below are steps for creating a toggle keystroke for the, Accessibility Driver For Screen Capture, and this feature is also explained.
This can only be changed in the Settings Center Default All Applications in, the , Miscellaneous folder, #24 of 25. Not the Miscellaneous folder in, Web
This feature has only been in Jaws since Jaws 2018, so if you're running a Jaws version prior to J2018 don't bother looking for this feature in the older versions.
1. Press, Insert + F2, to open the list of Jaws managers, navigate to Keyboard Manager and press enter.
2. Press the letter, D, until Jaws reports, Default.
3. Tab 1 time into the list of default keystrokes and find the, Toggle Screen Capture Method none, entry.
4. Press, Alt + A, to open the Action menu, you are on, Add Keystroke..., so press enter. The hotkey to go directly to the, add Keystroke, option is, Control + A,.
5. You are in a edit field so enter the keystroke you would like to assign to toggle this feature on and off. Only type the keystroke, example: Alt, Control + K. Hold down the Alt & Control keys and press the letter, K, and don't type anything else but the keystroke you want to use.
6. Tab 1 time and there's a checkbox to assign this keystroke to desktop keystrokes only, that's up to you, but it's checked by default. Tab to, Okay and press the spacebar, you'll get a dialogue asking if you're sure that you want to modify the,, Default.JKM, press the spacebar on, Yes, and you're done. Now check the keystroke to make sure it works. You should hear, Using Accessibility Driver On or, Using Accessibility Driver Off, when invoking your keystroke.