Re: Splitting a Word file while using JAWS

Adrian Spratt

That worked. Thanks. I’m still open for a faster, less complicated solution, but I’m glad to have this option.

From: jaws-users-list@groups.io <jaws-users-list@groups.io> On Behalf Of Glenn / Lenny
Sent: Tuesday, July 2, 2019 3:07 PM
To: jaws-users-list@groups.io
Subject: Re: [jaws-users] Splitting a Word file while using JAWS

Can you convert it to an RTF file?

WordPad should open it by default, or if Word still opens the RTF file, use open with and select Wordpad.

HTH.

Sent: Tuesday, July 02, 2019 1:44 PM

Hi Glenn,

I did mean cut, as in cut from the current document to paste into another. Just in case, I just now tried copying instead of cutting, but went through the same time-consuming and fruitless performance.

From: jaws-users-list@groups.io <jaws-users-list@groups.io> On Behalf Of Glenn / Lenny
Sent: Tuesday, July 2, 2019 2:24 PM
To: jaws-users-list@groups.io

Hi Adrian,

Do you cut, or do you copy?

I ask because cut is usually not ever the option to use unless you want to move text from one place to another, like you are editing and you think, hmm, this part of the sentence should go before, not after.

So you cut it and paste it somewhere else.

Or possibly you did copy and are using the word "cut" indiscriminately.

When you "cut", it means to remove it from here.

If so, try to copy, and not cut.

Glenn

Sent: Tuesday, July 02, 2019 1:15 PM

Subject: [jaws-users] Splitting a Word file while using JAWS

Hi. I have a Word file that’s so long (1,400 pages), JAWS keeps stalling when I do a search. So I decided to locate the halfway point of the file, select the rest, cut it, and then paste it into a new document. However, I keep getting a message that Word “isn’t responding.” Naturally, JAWS also stops responding.

I tried selecting smaller and smaller sections (200 pages, even 100), but Word just won’t cooperate. I also tried converting the file to a .TXT file, but with even less success.

I’m using the latest JAWS, Word 2016 and Windows 10-1809. Any ideas? Any workarounds?

Join jaws-users-list@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.