Splitting a Word file while using JAWS

Adrian Spratt

Hi. I have a Word file that’s so long (1,400 pages), JAWS keeps stalling when I do a search. So I decided to locate the halfway point of the file, select the rest, cut it, and then paste it into a new document. However, I keep getting a message that Word “isn’t responding.” Naturally, JAWS also stops responding.

I tried selecting smaller and smaller sections (200 pages, even 100), but Word just won’t cooperate. I also tried converting the file to a .TXT file, but with even less success.

I’m using the latest JAWS, Word 2016 and Windows 10-1809. Any ideas? Any workarounds?