Re: JAWS and Endpoint management System Software

Ekstrand, Pamela A. -ND

Hi Marvin,

The laptop I received from my company had Symantec Endpoint Protection installed on it, and as Robin said, it just kind of runs in the background. I haven't noticed any negative impacts from it being on my laptop. I use Outlook on the web, Word and Excel, the ServiceNow change management application, puTTY to access servers, and Skype for Business, all on a daily basis.

Pam

Sent: Tuesday, June 25, 2019 1:42 PM
To: jaws-users-list@groups.io
Subject: Re: [jaws-users] JAWS and Endpoint management System Software

I am on Outlook 2016 at work. I think we also used Enpoint when I was on Outlook 2010, but I was also on Window Eyes at that time. I’m a heavy user of Outlook and have not seen any issues. Occasionally I may have a delay as an email is opening, but I cannot say if that is Endpoint or just a general thing. Given al that I read on this list, I do not believe that any weird quirks I have with JAWS are related to Endpoint, since others seem to talk about the same quirks.

Robin

From: jaws-users-list@groups.io <jaws-users-list@groups.io> On Behalf Of "Marvin Atkins"
Sent: Tuesday, June 25, 2019 11:36 AM
To: jaws-users-list@groups.io

Robin,

Thanks for this good info. May I ask, do you use Outlook at work? My wife is currently using Outlook 2010 and is another concern of hers.
Marvin

Sent: Tuesday, June 25, 2019 1:19 PM
To: jaws-users-list@groups.io<mailto:jaws-users-list@groups.io>

Marvin,
I work at a large bank and Symantec Endpoint is installed on our laptops. I am also on Windows 10 and using JAWS 2019. I have not experienced any issues with Endpoint. It’s just kind of there doing it’s thing and I never pay any attention to it. I see the icon in my system tray, but that’s it.

From: jaws-users-list@groups.io<mailto:jaws-users-list@groups.io> <jaws-users-list@groups.io<mailto:jaws-users-list@groups.io>> On Behalf Of "Marvin Atkins"
Sent: Tuesday, June 25, 2019 10:29 AM
To: jaws-users-list@groups.io<mailto:jaws-users-list@groups.io>
Subject: [jaws-users] JAWS and Endpoint management System Software

Hi group,

My wife is a med. transcriptionist and she uses JAWS 2019 latest with a Win 10(version 1809) operating system. her current employer is asking her to install Endpoint Management System software and she is wondering if anyone on this list has used Endpoint Management software and if it interferes with JAWS in any way? Endpoint Management is a security software that incorporates anti virus, anti malware and lots of other security features onto the computer system and my wife fears if she installs it on her computer that it will screw up her system. Anyone out there have any experience with this software and JAWS?

thanks in advance,
Marvin Atkins

This communication may contain privileged and/or confidential information. It is intended solely for the use of the addressee. If you are not the intended recipient, you are strictly prohibited from disclosing, copying, distributing or using any of this information. If you received this communication in error, please contact the sender immediately and destroy the material in its entirety, whether electronic or hard copy. This communication may contain nonpublic personal information about consumers subject to the restrictions of the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act. You may not directly or indirectly reuse or redisclose such information for any purpose other than to provide the services for which you are receiving the information.

127 Public Square, Cleveland, OH 44114

If you prefer not to receive future e-mail offers for products or services from Key
send an e-mail to mailto:DNERequests@key.com with 'No Promotional E-mails' in the SUBJECT line.

Join jaws-users-list@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.