From: Richard Turner
Sent: Friday, June 21, 2019 10:08 AM
To: jaws-users-list@groups.io
Subject: Re: [jaws-users] Compatibility with Medical Charting Software

I have never been in a situation to personally have to enter anything in hospital charts.
I work at a rehabilitation agency, yes, but my job is dealing with adaptive devices outside of computers.
I work with the people that get to deal with hospitals when these situations come up.
Like Vicki said, it is really hard to get them to budge if it isn't a permanent job, and even then, it is extremely costly if it can be done.
First step is to talk with the I.T. folks or at least, their HR department, since this is an accommodation issue.
Richard

On Jun 21, 2019, at 6:43 AM, Vicki W <vwherry4@...> wrote:

I ran into this problem when doing my hospital internship. I was working with three different hospitals and none of them were willing to share with a third party. I was told that if it was a permanent work situation, maybe, but not for an internship.

The only solution I had was to get a reader who they approved, someone in the same program I was in, and have her enter into the charts whatever I told her. Not the ideal solution as her mistakes, if any, became my mistakes, but it was all I could do.

Vicki