Re: Making a DVD play?

Holger Fiallo <hfiallo@...>

Power DVD was never accessible when I use it. What about Window Media pllayer? Do you have it? If so open it and search for the DVD

Sent: Friday, September 7, 2018 11:03 PM
To: jaws-users-list@groups.io
Subject: Re: [jaws-users] Making a DVD play?

Here is everything that is listed in the shift f10.

Play with PowerDVD P Open command window here w, Open o, Open in new process p, Open in new window e, Open AutoPlay... y, Share with sub menu h, Burn to disc t, Scan selected items for viruses s, Shred using AVG S, Pin to Start p, Format... a, Eject j, Copy c, Create shortcut s, Properties r, and back to.. Play with PowerDVD P.

I tried to add VLC before but it never took for me. That was a couple years ago though, never really needed this type of stuff before.

Kurt

From: jaws-users-list@groups.io [mailto:jaws-users-list@groups.io] On Behalf Of Holger Fiallo
Sent: Friday, September 7, 2018 11:49 PM

Check there are open with documents submenue and open that. You should see different mediaplayer beside that one. Hope you also added VLC mediaplayer.

Sent: Friday, September 7, 2018 10:35 PM

I tried that and got “play with power dvd”. I pressed enter on that and “CyberLink PowerDVD” came up but it says nor does nothing. Would you have any further thoughts?

Thanks for your reply.

From: jaws-users-list@groups.io [mailto:jaws-users-list@groups.io] On Behalf Of Holger Fiallo
Sent: Friday, September 7, 2018 11:21 PM

Try application key and shift 10 and you may see a list. Go to open with, open and see if you see whatever list of media player you have.

Sent: Friday, September 7, 2018 10:18 PM

Subject: [jaws-users] Making a DVD play?

Hi all,

I just received an instructional DVD on how to play a new instrument. I put the disc in and listened to it load up and it is showing under devices and drives expanded-dvd e-and the name of it is there. However, I cannot get it to play at all. I have expanded the menus, opened on them, everything I can possibly think of, but to no avail.

Can anyone help me out? I am using windows 8.1, JAWS 18.

Thanks for any and all help,

Kurt

“Never be afraid to trust an unknown future to a known God.”

Corrie Ten Boom

Virus-free. www.avg.com

Join jaws-users-list@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.