From: Mike B
Sent: Sunday, June 23, 2019 8:50 PM
Subject: [jaws-users] J2019 & Soundcards

Hi All,

Running Windows 7 Pro 64 Bit with J16 thru J2019 all the latest Jaws builds.  For whatever reason J2019 will not read the names of my soundcards in either the, System Tray / Speakers / Playback devices or the, Control Panel / Sounds / Playback devices.

When I arrow up / down to highlight / select a soundcard to work with Jaws won't read anything, just announces, Speakers.  If I route the Jaws cursor to the PC cursor is the only way Jaws will read the soundcards by their correct names as Realtek or Soundblaster.

I've tinkered with screen resolution and made sure the screen was maximized, but J2019 is the only Jaws version that I have installed that won't identify the soundcard names at all, just reports speakers for either soundcard.

All input and advice will be greatly appreciated.  Thanks mooy moocho.